To make sure you get the best possible start with your new video management tool, we’ve compiled this step-by-step introduction to MyVideoly’s features.
The Overview shows you how many products are covered with videos, how much time visitors spent watching videos on your site over the past 30 days, and your store's current product videos coverage.
From the beginning shows you
- Total amount of products gathered into our system since you started using Videoly
- Total amount of products covered with video content
- Total amount of videos
Past 30 days shows you
- Total video views
- Total time spent on your site due to videos watched
- The average length of a video view
The right bar: current coverage
- Coverage gives you the ratio between active products and visited products
- Active products refers to products paired with at least one video and that have received traffic, such as clicks, over the past 30 days
- Visited products refers to the total amount of products that we have gathered into our system, that have received traffic over the past 30 days
💡Do you have multiple domains with us? You can easily switch between your stores by clicking on the store name on the left-hand side under the Videoly logo and choosing your other store domain from the drop-down menu.
This section gives you information on the watch rate of videos in your online store -- across devices and within specific time frames.
You can easily filter for a specific device (mobile, tablet, or desktop), and set a date range for inspection via the calendar.
- Widget views give you insight into the number of times pages featuring the widget have been visited
- With watched video indicates how many times a visitor has watched one or more videos
Watch Rate indicates the ratio between visitors on pages featuring the widget and those visitors who watched videos in the widget.
The average watch rate across our customer base varies due to store size, vertical and other factors, but can be placed in a range between 4%–10%.
Watch rate can be affected by many things:
- Product page reloads when variants are involved: Take a product that comes in five shades, for example. Visitors will usually only watch videos on one variation of the product, rather than rewatch the same video for all variations of the product.
- Location of the widget: We recommend placing the widget above the fold (in the upper half of your page), in a spot easily visible to visitors, so as to positively influence watch rate.
- Traffic: The more organic the traffic, the higher the watch rate. Bots and other spam traffic will never watch videos. Visitors attracted by campaigns are also less likely to watch videos.
- Differences to your GA: The logic of how we calculate the watch rate differs slightly from GA. We track page visits with videos watched (not users, as in GA). As a result, the watch rate in MyVideoly may appear a bit lower than in your GA.
The products tab is your product and video library. Here, you can easily find products via the search bar (by product name, SKU/EAN) and manage your video content. The top right-hand corner gives you data on the number of products in your 'library' and the number of videos. In order not to fill the library with old products, the products tab covers products that have received traffic within the last three months.
💡Can't find a product in your library? This is most likely because it has not been visited during the last 90 days. Simply visit the product in your store and refresh your MyVideoly window. The product should now appear in your products library.
Sorting and searching your products view:
By default, products are ordered by titles alphabetically, followed by their respective product ID, such as an SKU or EAN identifier. You can also opt to sort your product overview by date, number of paired videos, active or paused.
You can search products by single title, or by one or multiple SKU/EANs.
Managing video content
You can easily manage video content by searching for a product and clicking on the product card, as shown in the below example.
One good thing to keep in mind is that any changes you make here take immediate effect in your online store!
💡Click 'open in the store' to see how the widget and any changes you make look like in action.
- Disable a video: Click on the product and switch the slider under the video you'd like to remove to 'off'.
- Pausing all videos on a product: You can do this on the product card or directly in the product library view. If you no longer want to show any videos alongside a particular product, you can simply 'pause' it, by finding the product in your library and clicking the slider alongside the product to 'off'.
- Adding videos: Click on '+ Add video', paste in the URL of the YouTube video you would like to add, and click 'Add'. You can easily add multiple videos by clicking the '+' button. Note: Don't forget to add one of the eight genres to your manually added video. This helps set viewers’ expectations.
- Changing the order of videos: Simply drag and drop the videos into the desired order.
- Multi-add tool: You can add one or more videos to multiple products. Go to your products library view and select the products you'd like to add a video to. Paste in the video's YouTube URL and assign a genre and language. If you'd like to add more videos to these products, click '+add another video'. When you're done, click 'add' on the bottom right.
Here are some explainer clips on managing video content in MyVideoly.
The Video tab will show you all unique videos added to your store in chronological order.
Unique videos are shown only once in the Video tab but can cover multiple products simultaneously.
In the Video tab, you can
Search video by title or channel name
Change the genre of videos on all products at the same time
Disable and enable videos on single or all paired products
Copy the YT link or a video
More on the Video tab HERE.
The reports tab gives you access to regular store-specific reports that summarise video performance and coverage in your online store over a certain time period. From MyVideoly you can also download your reports as a PDF file. Read more about reports here.
We complement report statistics with Google Analytics events. Find out more here.
This tab allows you to modify the widget's appearance and make content adjustments.
Here you can see your store's default language settings. You can also see the list of active domains and whitelist new test domains. Read more about whitelisting test domains in MyVideoly here.
Here you can modify the widget's appearance.
- Video list CSS: styles for the widget’s iFrame (.videoly-box )
- Player CSS: Videoly player, which opens when watching a video
- Parent page CSS: elements of the parent page
- Show more videos: choose how additional videos appear on the page when there are more than fit the widget
- Overlay behind pop up: choose between a light grey overlay or none at all
- Light or dark mode: this will impact the colours of the widget's elements
- Genre labels in thumbnails: show or hide the genre labels, such as Presentation and How to.
- Hide or show the 'more' button when there are more videos available than fit the widget
- Select horizontal or vertical layout
- Enable widget on desktop, tablet, and mobile
- Decide on the number of visible video thumbnails: select from 1 to 15
Note: always remember to SAVE your settings for them to take effect!
Safe and Block lists
- Block function: You can block videos and YouTube channels from all your products.
- Add function: We do not display videos on products that advertise third parties. However, if you would like to display videos from your own channel (for example, those that feature your shop's name) or a particular third party channel, you can allow it here.
Here is a short explainer on allowing and blocking YouTube channels in MyVideoly Settings.
Here you can see your shop's current content settings:
- Display or hide out-of-stock products
- Display manufacturer and/or user-generated videos
- Display videos in ticked languages
If you would like to discuss changes to your content settings, please get in touch with us at email@example.com .
You might also want to read more about prioritising video content here.
Read about adding users to MyVideoly
Read more about simplified billing with Stripe in MyVideoly
Tell us what you think: Let us know how you feel about MyVideoly by clicking on the small arrow on the bottom right of your MyVideoly tool :)