One way to implement Videoly in your online store is with Google Tag Manager(GTM)
- Log into or create a GTM account. You can do it here.
- Select the 'Add a new tag' section in Overview or select 'New' in Tags.
- Select 'Custom HTML' as tag type and 'DOM Ready' as triggering option.
- Copy and paste your store's unique Videoly script (tag) into the section. Click 'Save'.
- Click 'Submit' in the top right corner. And that's it -- you have successfully implemented the Videoly widget.
Below, you will find a more detailed step-by-step guide with screenshots.
You can also switch to the video guide here.
1. Set up your GTM account
(if you already have a GTM account, go straight to step #2)
Set up an account at the GTM website
You will be asked to create a container, which is a collection of tags for a website.
You can use the domain where tags are going to be used as a name for your container.
2. Install the GTM code with the Videoly tag
We will provide you with the link to your Videoly tag (along with instructions) by email.
Choose your site's Google tags container
DOM ready is the best moment to trigger and it’s perfectly fine if the widget is also triggered on non-product pages -- it will not be loaded.
3. Well done, you're almost at the finish line :)
Now you can see Videoly in the list of tags