Get the most out of MyVideoly with our step-by-step guide.
The Overview shows you how many products are covered with videos, how much time visitors spent watching videos on your site over the past 30 days, and your store's current product video coverage.
'From the beginning' shows you
- The total amount of products gathered into our system since you started using Videoly
- The total amount of products covered with video content
- The total amount of videos added to your store
'Past 30 days' shows you
- The total number of video views in the past 30 days
- The total time spent on your site spent watching videos
- The average length of a video view
The right bar show you your current coverage
- Coverage gives you the ratio between active products and visited products
- Active products refers to products matched with at least one video and that have received traffic, such as clicks, over the past 30 days
- Visited products refers to the total amount of products that we have gathered into our system and which have received traffic over the past 30 days
💡Do you have multiple domains with us? You can easily switch between your stores by clicking on the store name on the left-hand side under the Videoly logo and choosing your other store domain from the drop-down menu.
This section gives you information on the watch rate of videos in your online store -- across devices and within specific time frames.
You can easily filter for a specific device (mobile, tablet, or desktop), and set a date range for inspection via the calendar.
- Widget views give you insight into the number of times pages featuring the widget have been visited
- With watched video indicates how many times a visitor has watched one or more videos
Watch Rate indicates the ratio between visitors on pages featuring the widget and those visitors who watched videos in the widget.
The average watch rate across our customer base varies due to store size, vertical and other factors, but can be placed in a range between 4%–10%.
Read more about what can affect the watch rate here.
The products tab is your product and video library. Here, you can easily find products via the search bar (by product name, SKU/EAN) and manage your video content.
💡Can't find a product in your library? This is most likely because it has not been visited during the last 90 days. Simply visit the product in your store and refresh your MyVideoly window. The product should now appear in your products library.
Sorting and searching your products view:
By default, products are listed alphabetically (by title), followed by their respective product ID, such as an SKU or EAN identifier. You can also sort your product overview by date, number of matched videos, active or paused.
You can search products by single title, or by one or multiple SKU/EANs.
Managing video content
You can easily manage video content by searching for a product and clicking on the product card, as shown in the below example.
One good thing to keep in mind is that any changes you make here take immediate effect in your online store!
💡Click 'open in the store' to see how the widget and any changes you make look like on your PDP.
- Disable a video: Click on the product and switch the slider under the video to 'off'.
- Pausing all videos on a product: You can do this on the product card or directly in the product library view. If you no longer want to show any videos alongside a particular product, you can simply 'pause' it, by finding the product in your library and clicking the slider to 'off'.
- Adding videos: Click on '+ Add video', paste in the URL of the YouTube video you would like to add, and click 'Add'. You can add multiple videos by clicking the '+' button. Note: Don't forget to assign a genre to your added video: This helps set viewers’ expectations when they see videos on a product.
- Changing the order of videos: Simply drag and drop the videos into the desired order.
- Multi-add tool: You can add one or more videos to multiple products. Go to your products library view and select the products you'd like to add a video to. Paste in the video's YouTube URL and assign a genre and language. If you'd like to add more videos to these products, click '+add another video'. When you're done, click 'add' on the bottom right.
Learn more about managing video content.
The Video tab will show you all unique videos added to your store in chronological order.
Unique videos are shown only once in the Video tab but can cover multiple products.
In the Video tab, you can
Search video by title or channel name
Filter for manufacturer (MNF) or user-generated content (UGC)
Change the genre of videos on all products at the same time
Disable and enable videos on single or all matched products
Copy the YT link of a video
More on the Video tab HERE.
The reports tab gives you access to your monthly reports which summarize video performance and coverage in your online store(s). You can also download your reports as a PDF file. Read more about reports here.
We also support Google Analytics integration for more statistics. Find out more here.
This tab allows you to modify the widget's appearance and make content adjustments.
This tab shows you your store's default language settings. You can also see the list of active domains and whitelist new test domains. Read more about whitelisting test domains in MyVideoly here.
Modify the widget's appearance on your PDPs under this tab.
Always remember to click 'Save' for your settings to take effect!
- Layout: Choose between a slider or pop-up
- Thumbnail size: Small (128x72px), Medium (192x108px), Large (240x135px)
- Corner rounding: Adjust the border radios of thumbnails and genre labels to any value between 0 and 12 pixels.
- Genre labels: Choose to show or hide genre labels
- Control button style: Choose between outline or solid
- Customize CSS styles
💡 Our recommendation: Place the widget above the fold, to make videos immediately visible to your shoppers, without the need to scroll! Learn more about positioning the widget on your PDPs here.
Safe and Block lists
- Block function: You can block videos and YouTube channels from showing on all of your products.
- Add function: We don't display videos on products that advertise third parties. However, if you would like to display videos from your own channel (for example, those that feature your shop's name) or a particular third-party channel, you can allow it here.
Read our short explainer on allowing and blocking YouTube channels in MyVideoly Settings.
You'll also be able to see some of your store's current content settings:
- Display or hide out-of-stock products
- Display manufacturer and/or user-generated videos
- Active languages for your store(s)
For any questions or adjustments to your content settings, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
💡Read more about prioritizing video content here.